Support the Site:

PzKpfw II Ausf L "Luchs"

The PzKpfw II Ausf L “Luchs” (Lynx) was a light reconnaissance tank developed on a modified Panzer II chassis. Approximately 100 PzKpfw II Ausf L were built from September 1943 to January 1944 and issued to the reconnaissance detachments of the German panzer divisions. The PzKpfw II Ausf L was designated SdKfz 123 and was also known as the Panzerspähwagen II.

The Allies captured several PzKpfw II Ausf L in Normandy in the summer of 1944, and the following seven pictures of a captured PzKpfw II Ausf L from the 116th Panzer Division were included in a SHAEF intelligence publication on German tanks.

PzKpfw II Ausf L Luchs - Lynx - SdKfz 123 - 116th Panzer Division, Normandy
PzKpfw II Ausf L Luchs - Lynx - SdKfz 123 - 116th Panzer Division, Normandy
PzKpfw II Ausf L Luchs - Lynx - SdKfz 123 - 116th Panzer Division, Normandy
PzKpfw II Ausf L Luchs - Lynx - SdKfz 123 - 116th Panzer Division, Normandy
PzKpfw II Ausf L Luchs - Lynx - SdKfz 123 - 116th Panzer Division, Normandy
PzKpfw II Ausf L Luchs - Lynx - SdKfz 123 - 116th Panzer Division, Normandy
PzKpfw II Ausf L Luchs - Lynx - SdKfz 123 - 116th Panzer Division, Normandy

 

Related posts:

1 comment to PzKpfw II Ausf L “Luchs”