- Maj. Gen. Joseph D. Patch
- July 1942 - March 1943. Gen. Patch commanded the 80th Division when it was
reactivated at Camp Forrest, Tennessee.
- Maj. Gen. Horace L. McBride (1894-1962)
- March 1943 - October 1945. Gen. McBride formerly commanded the division artillery. He
led the 80th Infantry Division from training until the end of the war in Europe. In
October 1945, Gen. McBride assumed command of the XX Corps.
In 1946, he commanded the
9th Infantry Division.
He retired in 1954.
- Maj. Gen. Walter E. Lauer
- October 1945 - December 1945. [See details under
99th Infantry Division.]
1. The Army Almanac: A Book of Facts Concerning the Army of the
, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1950.
2. Order of Battle of the United States Army, World War II, European
Theater of Operations
, Office of the Theater Historian,
Paris, France, December 1945.
3. Forward 80th: The Story of the 80th Infantry Division
• 80th Infantry Division History
• 80th Infantry Division Links
• 80th Infantry Division Components
• 80th Infantry Division Medal of Honor Recipients