- Maj. Gen. Ralph E. Truman
- December 1940 - October 1941.
- Maj. Gen. William H. Simpson (1888-1980)
- October 1941 - April 1942. [See details under
30th Infantry Division.]
- Maj. Gen. Maxwell Murray (1885-1948)
- May 1942 - January 1943. Gen. Murray formerly served as commander of the
25th Infantry Division stationed at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii during the
attack on Pearl Harbor. Gen. Murray later commanded the Southern California sector
of the Western Defense Command. Gen. Murray died in 1948.
- Maj. Gen. Paul W. Baade (1889-1959)
- January 1943 - Inactivation. Gen. Baade was formerly assistant
commander of the 35th Division. He commanded the 35th throughout its combat
service in WWII. Gen. Baade retired in 1946. He died in 1959.
1. The Army Almanac: A Book of Facts Concerning the Army of the
, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1950.
2. Order of Battle of the United States Army, World War II, European
Theater of Operations
, Office of the Theater Historian,
Paris, France, December 1945.
3. 35th Infantry Division Association.
4. Attack: The Story of the 35th Infantry Division
• 35th Infantry Division History
• 35th Infantry Division Links
• 35th Infantry Division Components
• 35th Infantry Division Medal of Honor Recipients