B-24 from Maxwell Field, Alabama

A Consolidated B-24 Liberator from the four-engine pilot school of the Eastern Flying Training Command at Maxwell Field in Montgomery, Alabama (now designated Maxwell Air Force Base or Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base). The U.S. Army Air Forces established a specialized school for pilots of four-engine aircraft at Maxwell Field in July 1943. (U.S. Air Force Photo.)

Maxwell Air Force Base / Maxwell Field

Related posts:

1 comment to B-24 from Maxwell Field, Alabama